More on Lundy

Since being back in Oxford I've had a fairly hefty pile of work to do preparing my teaching for the forthcoming semester, so not much time for thinking or musing or blogging. Sigh. But Monsieur Jacques Centime has just posted this video from our time on Lundy.

On our last day we awoke to the sound of the lighthouse thrumming to a storm force ten. Over a porridge breakfast I recalled a natural history film from the 70s in which presenter Jeffery Boswall attempted to eat a bowl of Rice Krispies in a sandstorm in the Kalahari (I may have made this up entirely for I've yet to find anyone else who remembers it). Suitably inspired, Jacques suggested we recreate this seminal moment in TV history with the following results:


3 comments:

 

Featured post

Shroom: ten years on

I find it hard to believe but it's exactly ten years since my book Shroom: A Cultural History of the Magic Mushroom was published. Thou...

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates